Even though it’s not possible to travel right now, you can do the next best thing! Take free virtual tours of the coolest museums, parks, zoos, and aquariums around the world.
Think of it as a way to temporarily satiate your wanderlust – and possibly discover your next travel destination.
CALLING ALL ANIMAL LOVERS
- Dive down deep into the ocean on a virtual dive and swim with sea lions.
- Visit the National Aquarium in Baltimore, Maryland first-hand with three live cams: Blacktip Reef, Jellies Invasion, and Pacific Coral Reef.
EXPLORE THE OUTDOORS FROM HOME
“Virtual travel” is possible, thanks to these virtual tours (and others) online.
- Explore the Volcanoes National Park in Hawaii on this ranger-led virtual tour where you’ll stand in a rainforest, explore a lava tube, and fly over an active volcano.
- Learn more about the Grand Canyon on this virtual tour!
- Take a ranger-led virtual hike through Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah, a place known for its unique rock pillars called hoodoos. Experience what Bryce Canyon looks like both during the day and at night.
- Let an astronaut be your guide as you tour the International Space Station!
- Get a live look at Yosemite through their web cams. See Half Dome, El Capitan, Yosemite Falls and more. Plus, have a chance to earn a virtual junior ranger badge.
Get your first month of Adventure Academy for FREE!
TAKE IN THE WONDERS OF THE WORLD
See these faraway places up close on these virtual field trips.
- Experience the iconic Eiffel Tower in Paris from top to bottom during this virtual tour.
- Enjoy a 1-hour virtual walk through Rome’s famous amphitheater, the Colosseum.
- Explore the beautiful Taj Mahal at Agra in India. Virtual visitors can tour up to 22 different areas of the monument and gardens.
FOR THE LOVE OF ART AND HISTORY
Virtual museum tours are great for both kids and adults!
- Experience the superb exhibits and collections at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C. During your virtual museum tour, you can learn about fossils and ocean life and butterflies. And don’t miss the Gems and Minerals wing!
- Take a virtual tour of The Alamo in San Antonio, Texas. My 8-year-old son is currently obsessed with Davy Crockett, so I know he’ll want to take this virtual field trip!
- If you’ve never seen Michaelangelo’s amazing ceiling frescos in the Sistine Chapel, now’s your chance. And it’s free! But the best part? No neck fatigue!
- Get up close and personal with Mona Lisa during a virtual tour of the Louvre.
- Giddy up and head on over to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum website where you can learn all about Western history, art, and culture.
MORE FUN THINGS TO DO WHILE YOU’RE STUCK AT HOME: