Halloween can be a little scary for kids and one of the solutions for fright is light. This simple-to-make Halloween night light is fun to make together and is guaranteed to assist in nighttime bravery.
Supplies for this Easy Halloween Craft for Kids!
(Post contains affiliated links.)
I love Halloween crafts that are so easy that kids can do themselves. This is definitely one of them. We started with an empty Ovaltine container and peeled off the label. Any empty container that will let light shine through will work!
How to make the Halloween Night Light:
I cut orange tissue paper into triangles of various sizes – they don’t have to be perfect shapes or even close to perfect.
Next, we spread a glue over the blank canister and stuck on the tissue triangles. Once we had a layer completed, we brushed on another layer of glue and filled in the gaps with more orange shapes.
When the jar was completely covered with orange, we added three black construction paper triangles for 2 eyes and a nose and a squiggly, smily mouth cut out of paper as well.
One more layer of the glue/sealer and then we let it dry.
I added an LED tap light at the bottom of the night light and put the top on.
1 hour 5 minutes
- Empty Ovaltine Can
- Orange Tissue Paper
- Black Tissue Paper
- Glue or Mod Podge That Dries Clear
- LED Light
- Remove the label from the container — choose one from your recycling bin that is a shape that resembles a pumpkin.
- Cut the orange tissue paper into medium sized triangles.
- Cut eyes/nose/mouth shapes from the black tissue paper.
- Brush the glue on the container and then layer on the orange triangles until the entire surface is covered.
- Add a sealing coat of glue to the orange layer.
- Arrange the black shapes for jack-o-lantern eyes, nose and mouth.
- Let dry.
- Add a LED light in the bottom of the container — we used a tap light that was safe to leave on overnight.
I am inspired to try other Halloween characters like Frankenstein! Wouldn’t green tissue paper look adorable glowing in the night?
Need More Halloween Activities? Check Out These Posts: