This course is a 1-hour beginner level course that teaches child care providers the critical safety practices you need during this pandemic. It’s not just for professionals though — anyone who works with children would benefit from this course!
The course begins by introducing what causes COVID-19, and then moves through important safety practices that are unique to childcare.
A few of the topics covered in detail include:
* How to social distance in a child care setting (and when it isn’t appropriate).
* How to screen children who arrive each day.
* How to keep a clean, safe environment.
* How to teach children about hand-washing.
* How to handle diapers.
* How to recognize when a child should not be allowed to participate.
* What to do if someone becomes sick during the day.
* How to clean, sanitize, and disinfect (and the difference in the three)!
* How to talk to children about the pandemic.
* And more!
The course comes with a handout with room for taking notes, and at the end of the course is a short exam to make sure you remember important points.
After you pass the final, you can download a certificate showing you completed the course at any point from the dashboard.
The chemistry teacher in me was impressed that this course even included little details like how you should pour bleach into water (and not water into bleach), and that you should dilute the bleach with cool (instead of hot) water.
They also pointed out common childcare practices that should be avoided during COVID-19 (like rinsing out soiled clothes).
The course even includes answers to questions that I would not have thought to ask, like how often bedding should be changed and how to handle social distancing with infants.
This is one of my favorite features of CCEI: their courses are extremely convenient! I can learn at my kitchen table, in my office, or even on the couch! They are web-based and accessible on any device, so as long as you have an internet connection, you can take their courses!
My other favorite features are that their courses are based on educational research and are accredited! They are accredited by both the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and they are an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). They’re also a CDA Gold Standard Comprehensive Training Provider!
* Their high-quality, online training courses and programs are perfect for any adults who work with children, whether they’re in a center-based care facility, a head start program, a home day care, a preschool classroom, etc.!
* They have over 150 English AND Spanish training courses available!
* More than 18,000 professionals have graduated from their CDA and other certificate programs…and 99% students say they would recommend CCEI!
I’ve actually taken several courses from ChildCare Education Institute, and I highly recommend each of them!
Here are my reviews of several other courses at CCEI:
I would love to know what your 2020 fall plans are! If you are starting a childcare program, heading back to one, or teaching your own kids at home, I’d love to hear from you! Feel free to send me an email, leave a comment, or visit me on Facebook or Instagram! <3