Cotton candy and homemade ice cream are two things that make me think of summer–combined, they are a delicious and refreshing treat!
No Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream
Have you ever thought to make ice cream with cotton candy? This homemade ice cream is so easy and delicious!
Prep Time: 10 min
Freeze Time: 8-12 hours
- 2 cups very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk, cold
- 2 teaspoons cotton candy flavoring ** see notes
- Food coloring in pink and blue, optional
How to Make Homemade Ice Cream
- First, place loaf pan or container in freezer at least 30 minutes before you begin.
- Then, please your bowl and whisk in freezer at least 30 minutes before you begin.
- Be sure whipping cream and condensed milk are very cold.
- Next, in a large bowl or stand mixer bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Then, in a medium bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and cotton candy flavoring until smooth.
- Gradually add milk mixture to whipping cream by GENTLY folding into whipped cream.
- Divide mixture into 2 separate bowls (it will be about 3 cups each).
- Color one bowl of mixture with pink and one with blue.
- Remove container from freezer and drop ice cream mixture by spoonfuls into the container.
- Freeze overnight.
- Serve with cotton candy on the side if you like!
This homemade ice cream is very soft and melts quicker than store bought ice cream.
Cotton Candy Flavoring can be found in the baking section at most craft stores, or in the candy making area. You can also add sprinkles if you like.
More Fun with Ice Cream
Nothing beats ice cream night in with the family! Once in a while, we have “opposite night” where we get to eat our dessert first, and dinner second. My daughter loves it, and we usually serve ice cream as the “main course”! Here are some yummy recipes to try:
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?